Debian - Faq
- How to check how many open files are opened in system and what is the limit?
- how to force squid to use "search" list from resolv.conf file?
- How to reload inittab without rebooting system?
- My system shows only 2 GB of RAM but there is 8GB installed?
- How to convert putty public key to ssh public key?
- How to manually rotate logs?
- How to set mysql to listen on all interfaces instead of 127.0.0.1 ?
- How to bypass url in squid?
- "cat /proc/sys/fs/file-nr".
First number says about open files, the third about limit.
- Change option "dns_defnames" to on.
Generally Squid trict every query as a FQDN. If you want to use only "hostnames" in your browser you have to change this option for using suffixes.
- Type command "init q".
- Install linux-image-2.6-686-bigmem(dla wersji 2.6),64-bits versions do not have that kind of problems.
- ssh-keygen -i -f putty_public_key > %h/.ssh/authorized_keys.
- logrotate -v -f /etc/logrotate/file_to_rotate.
- Comment line out in /etc/mysql/my.cnf #bind-address = 127.0.0.1 ,restart mysql
acl bypass_urls dst ip_of_site or acl bypass_urls dstdomain domainname
always_direct allow bypass_urls