Cisco WLC - firmware upgrade
- This manual covers firmware upgrade on 4400 series WLC however on different controllers procedure is the same.
- Until we start the upgrade process we have to check if we can upgrade directly to new version of we have to first upgrade to transitive version.
- We will use FTP server for copying files.It is better solution than tftp especially if contoller is upgraded remotely.
- In this case we will upgrade firmware to version 7.0.235.
- 1.Copy firmware image into our controller via FTP.
- 2.Restart controller to activate new firmware.
GUI allows us to save changes before reloading..
- 3.Wait few minutes to download new firmware by access-points.
If your access-points are working in "H-REAP" mode during downloading process they are shown as a "Local".
- 4.Copy "emergency image".
Emergency image is not mandatory but is very helpfull in case of problems.
- 5.Check running version after restart.
- 6.Test wireless network on new firmware version.