TCP/UDP small servers
- TCP and UDP small servers are generally used on routers for diagnostic purposes and should not be enabled during normal operations.
- tcp-small-servers services are disabled by default since IOS in version 11.3
- enable/disable serviceÂ by typingÂ command
- there is possibility to set maximum number of tcp servers -Â command "max-servers"
- tcp-small-servers consists from:
it returns what we type on screen,e.g. after typing dd we receiced dd and so on.
it returns ASCII string,e,g,Â telnet 192.168.1.1. chargen"
drop everything what you type
it returns system date and time.
- enable/disable service by typing command
there is possibility to set maximum number ofÂ udp servers -Â command "max-servers"
- Â udp-small-servers consists from:
echoes payload of the datagram you send
silently piches the datagram you send
Â pitches the datagram you send and respond with a 72-character stirng of ASCII characters terminated with a CR+LF